Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feeling Sentamental

I guess you could call this a cheat since I didn't write this today... but, i was looking through my old blog and found this entry for my mom's birthday four years ago!





y mom’s birthday is coming up soon, but she doesn’t want me to announce the proud age (fancy that), so instead of what I normally do, write one that that I love about the person for each year (since in doing that I would give the age away), I will have to come up with something different!

Hmmm….  What could I do?

Oh, I know!  I can write a poem!

This may take awhile, but since you can’t see my thinking process, my erasing, my starting over…  this won’t take very long for YOU! I could very well leave for a year, with it unfinished, come back and finish it , and you would never know a thing.  But since all I have is a few days and not a year, I don’t think that method would work!

Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking!  Stop that infernal rambling and get on with the  point!

Okay, okay! Back to the point.  Oh wait! What was the point? Yes, right, the poem! He! He! I have a dumb sense of humor!

Okay, time to get serious! :/
  • whispers under breath * seriously silly!  He! He!

So here’s the poem:

Thank-you, Mom,
  For endless days
Youve cared for me,
  In endless ways

Thanks for working
  Every hour,
To protect me from
  Evils power.

The days, they seem,
  To slip away
And sometimes our friendship
  Begins to fray.

I just want
  You to know,
Thanks for caring more,
    For how I grow.

Most of all
  I want to thank you for
Guiding me upward,
  More and more.

For teaching me the way,
  That I should go,
Even when
  It hurts you so.

Please forgive
  My days
And every time
  It did replay.

Thanks for the lessons
  Youve taught to me,
Like saving myself
  For the man to be.

Thanks for guiding me
  All the way
Every time
  I start to stray.

Thank-You for not
  Giving up on me.
When I was surly,
  You prayed for me.

I wish your birthday
  Is warm and happy.
I hope this poem
  Was not too sappy!

Now go up to my mom and tell her she still looks young!  (Even though you probably haven’t seen her!  LOL!



HEARTS to my momma! <3 <3 <3


1 comment:

  1. I love your poem, Kait. And I love it that you are re-posting it four years later. You have grown up a lot in the past four years, and this is a trying time for moms and daughters. But, if you always know your mom loves you and that she always has your best in her heart, and you always trust that, even when she makes mistakes, you will always love your mom like this.

    And your Momma ain't old, btw! Neither does she look old. ;)

    Shalom!
    ~Mrs. Dixon

    ReplyDelete