Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday

This morning I groggily awoke, awakened by the radio. It was not an unusual thing to hear first thing in the morning, mom usually turns the radio on as a wake up call to say that its time to get ready for the day. I of course, being the morning person that I have always been known to be, grabbed the pillow that fell off my bed in the middle of the night, pulled the covers around my neck, and fell back to sleep. I could, however, hear my mom's voice saying something to the littles, (Noah and Hannah) but I couldn't make out what she was saying, nor did I really care to know. 

About fifteen minutes later, I decided I should probably get up. I YAAAWWWWNNEDD (one of those full body yawns where you stretch your arms up to the sky) climbed out of my bed, in my silky pink jammies I love so much, and plopped up the stairs, with my crazy head of hair, to see what mom was up to. 
As I entered the living room, I was shocked by what I saw! Or rater, what I didn't see! Normally during this time of the day, mom would be joyfully singing hymns to Noah and Hannah, or reading the Bible to them, but none of them were there! 

My heart dropped to my stomach with a thud, and for just a brief terrible moment, I wondered with horror, if the rapture had come. Had I been left behind? When that split second of terror had suddenly passed, as quickly as it came, I laughed at myself for having such a silly thought. Of course I wouldn't be here either if the rapture had come! But it was a very scary moment none the less. I began to wonder, what I would have done if the rapture really happened, and I had been left behind! One thing is for sure, I would have dropped to my knees at that moment and got my heart right with the Lord. 

How terrible will it be for those who will be left behind. My heart grieves for them. 

later, when my mom came home from the post office, I ran to her, through my arms around her neck and said, between sobs,"I'm soooo happy to see you! I thought you were gone forever!" my mom just looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Oooookkkkeeyyy, I JUST went to the post office!" 

The Kaitee Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment